- This event has passed.
Canning Workshop – Stock, Broth and Soup
May 30, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT$25.00
Learn the ultimate frugality hack of home canners – turning kitchen scraps into a shelf-stable base for a future delicious meal.
I have not purchased broth or stock from the store in over 5 years. No kidding! This alone has paid for my pressure canner several times over.
**We have a minimum class size of 4 (max size 6) so invite a friend to join you and help fill it up!
By the end of this workshop you will learn:
- The differences between water bath and pressure canning
- What you need for tools and equipment – need to have and nice to have
- How to eliminate risk of foodborne illness when home canning food
- How to follow a canning recipe to make your own stock, broth and soup
Bring home with you:
- A jar of stock to serve as a base for a wholesome home-cooked meal
- An awesome new skill to elevate your self-sufficiency and stretch your pantry dollar
- A handout to reference when you do your first projects at home
- Exclusive students-only access to our private Facebook group where you can connect with me and other members to ask questions and share success!
What to bring:
- Clothing you don’t mind wearing to prepare food and an apron, if you like
- A small towel or potholder to carry your jar home (it will still be hot from canning)
Other important info:
- This is a masks-optional event. Please bring your mask if you prefer to wear one.
- Book a private canning party if you prefer! Contact us to set it up, or recommend another date/time!
Cancellation policy: we do not refund, but we can reschedule most of the time
- Contact Us at least a week in advance and we will apply the value of your ticket to another class. Cancellations made within a week of the class will not be rescheduled.
- Tickets are transferrable – if you cannot make it but know someone else who can, gift or sell your ticket to a friend who might enjoy the experience!