- This event has passed.
*SOLD OUT!* Complete Canning Workshop – Water Bath+Pressure Can
May 21, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm EDT$50.00 – $70.00
By the end of this half-day workshop you will have successfully learned everything you need to know to can anything that is able to be canned at home!
Join me to learn and practice the skills needed for water bath canning high-acid foods like fruits, jellies, pickles, juices, pie filling, relish, tomato products, AND pressure canning low-acid foods like beans, meats, vegetables, soups, chili and more!
- The differences between water bath, steam bath, and pressure canning
- What you need for tools and equipment – need to have and nice to have
- How to eliminate risk of foodborne illness when home canning food
- How to follow a canning recipe
Bring home with you:
- An awesome new skill to elevate your self-sufficiency!
- A jar each of marinara and beans of your choice (kidney, black, garbanzo, or a mix)
- A handout to reference when you do your first projects at home
Location: 16 State St, Bangor ME – entry to workshop is accessible; please let me know of any accommodations you may require.
Cost: Includes all materials
- $50 when purchased by May 4th – be an early bird!
- $70 after May 4th
Children are the future! One well-behaved child, aged 8 or older, may attend alongside their adult at no additional cost. You must notify event organizer in advance.
What to bring:
- Clothing you don’t mind wearing to prepare food and an apron, if you like
- A small towel or potholder to carry your jar home (it will still be hot from canning)
Other important info:
- This is a masks-optional event. Please bring your mask if you prefer to wear one.
- Book a private canning party if you prefer! Contact us to set it up!
Cancellation policy: we do not refund, but we can reschedule most of the time
- Contact Us at least a week in advance and we will apply the value of your ticket to another class. Cancellations made within a week of the class will not be rescheduled.
- Tickets are transferrable – if you cannot make it but know someone else who can, gift or sell your ticket to a friend who might enjoy the experience!