- This event has passed.
Foraging – Mushrooming Walk
July 16, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm EDT$30.00
Curious about wild mushrooms? Awesome!
Concerned about consuming something dangerous? You should be!
Tag along for a walk through Prentiss Woods in Bangor, learning important information about accurate identification, toxic species, and the most delectable varieties available at this time in the season. Depending on what is available and in what quantities, you may be able to bring some specimens home to try for yourselves.
If you wish to attend with someone under the age of 18yrs, please contact the organizer prior to registering.
What to bring:
- Sturdy, supportive footwear
- Appropriate skin covering/sunscreen/hat
- Insecticide/tick protection of choice
- Pen/paper for device to take notes
- Bags, baskets, paring knife and a dry paintbrush for harvesting/cleaning are optional.
Cancellation policy: we do not refund, but we can reschedule most of the time
- Contact Us at least a week in advance and we will apply the value of your ticket to another walk. Cancellations made within a week of the scheduled walk will not be rescheduled or refunded.
- Tickets are transferrable – if you decide a property walk is not for you, you may gift or sell your ticket to a friend who might enjoy the experience!