- This event has passed.
After Work Wednesday – Dehydration Basics & Homemade Teabag Workshop
June 15, 2022 @ 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm EDT$15.00
In this workshop, we will cover the basics for one of the oldest forms of food preservation: dehydration. We’ll sample some teas and other dehydrated food products, and then use dehydrated ingredients to make your own teabags with the flavor combinations of your choice!
With the skill of dehydration you can harvest and extend the shelf life of your favorite herbs, spices and tea ingredients as well as make dried fruit snacks, jerky and preserve vegetables for future use.
*We have a minimum class size of 4 (max 6) so invite a friend to join you and help fill the workshop!
You will go home with:
- a working knowledge of the best applications for dehydration
- an understanding of the different methods for dehydration and necessary equipment
- a collection of your very own custom-made teas
What to bring:
- Clothing you don’t mind wearing to prepare food, and/or an apron
- An after-work beverage, if you wish
Other important info:
- This is a masks-optional event. Please bring your mask if you prefer to wear one.
- One well-behaved child may attend alongside their adult at no additional cost. You must notify event organizer in advance.
- Book a private workshop if you prefer! Contact us to set it up, or to recommend a day/time for our next workshop!
Cancellation policy: we do not refund, but we can reschedule most of the time
- Contact Us at least a week in advance and we will apply the value of your ticket to another class. Cancellations made within a week of the class will not be rescheduled.
- Tickets are transferrable – if you cannot make it but know someone else who can, gift or sell your ticket to a friend who might enjoy the experience!